Yoga is a combination of physical, mental and spiritual practices that developed in ancient India around sixth and fifth century BCE. In the 1980s, yoga gained popularity as a physical exercise worldwide. In Indian traditions, yoga is more than just a physical exercise. It has meditative and spiritual importance. It was practiced to exercise control over the mind and body.
Health Benefits of Yoga
- Daily practice of yoga helps in developing a better posture by taking the stress from the spine and keeping it strong.
- It aids in improving bone health.
- Yoga helps in increasing the blood flow which lowers the risks of a heart attack.
- Yoga also helps in dealing with hypertension and keeping the blood pressure in check.
- It improves body balance and helps in developing a better muscle tone.
- Practicing yoga daily keeps all digestive problems away and lower the risk of colon cancer.
- It brings relief to people suffering from arthritis and back pain.
- Yoga helps in burning off extra fat and thus helps in losing excess body weight.
- Practicing yoga soothes a disturbed mind and boosts energy levels of the body.
- Yoga reduces stress and anxiety and thereby improving a person’s overall sense of well being.
- Always find a peaceful and comfortable spot for practicing yoga.
- Be prepared with a yoga mat.
- Always be aware of the body’s vulnerable areas to prevent injuries while practicing yoga. A warm-up is necessary before attempting any new technique.
- Always choose a technique that is suitable for you.
- Assign a particular time for practicing yoga. It may vary from once a week to practicing regularly. Never set unrealistic goals.
- Make sure to relax after a yoga practice to soothe your body muscles.
SATYA, one of best ayurvedic wellness centers in Kerala guarantees a stress-free environment where people could rejuvenate their body and soul, and can finally rediscover themselves. We offer different yoga classes and yoga training in Kochi, Kerala.
Mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book an appointment: satyawellness.in/book-an-appointment